HBT 2014 Big Giveaway - 4/10 Re-Draw Winners Posted!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > How long will tank of propane last?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 02:12 AM   #11
lumpher
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 117 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 15

i only do 12 gallon boils, and use a jet burner to cook, but i heat my strike and sparge water on the stove. i get about 7-8 burns off it that way (i hate refilling, or running out during a burn and having to switch, since i only go to check it about every 15 minutes). and wrap the flash tight

Taps:
1: Yeti RIS clone
2: Mangrove Hefe
3: Barkshack Gingermead

Kegged:

Fermenting: 2x Oatmeal Stout, Bravo APA, Concord Wine

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2010, 02:21 AM   #12
CrAzYmOuSe
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yes like my dad said to me long ago, wrap it tight. I cut it so that it just wraps around the stand and since it is already in a roll it wants to stay that way. I basically have it flexing on the back of the burner guard and it stays there without any adhesion. No need to cut any holes in it as the back of the burner is the air mix control, keep it tight. This leaves just enough room for a long igniter above the burner shield. The radius is almost exactly the size of my 10 gallon pot so all the heat stays on it. It also helped a ton with the issue I had with my immersion chiller. The hoses would get residual heat and start to semi-melt. I was wrapping a towel around them, still do, but this cut down on that problem as well.

In Az? get any rain tonight?

Old 10-05-2010, 03:30 AM   #13
tunoffun
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

mucho appreciated crazy! I was actually having to wrap the flexible tubing I use running from my brewpot to a pump w/ foil to avoid the same problem as with your IC, so I'll get that benefit as well.

And yeah... we got a drizzle in S. Scottsdale. Just enough to bring the temp down to 7-degrees cooler than hell. And bump up the humidity (lol). You?

Quick Reply