Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > How bad did I oxidize my wort?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
pherball
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default How bad did I oxidize my wort?

So, I was running off the wort into the boil kettle, and after a while i noticed tons of air bubbles in the line running from the tun to the kettle. I took me until the second run until i realized the problem. The barb fitting connecting into the ball valve on my cooler was too loose and was allowing air into the line--I have never had this happen. So how bad did I oxidize my wort? I went through a full run and half of my second run (I batch sparge) before correcting the problem.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
smizak
Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Don't worry about hot side aeration. You'll be fine.

"This song goes out to me because I'm so f*ckin' cool!"~John Reis

Old 05-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #3
smokinghole
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 122 Times on 101 Posts
Likes Given: 12

You think that's something to worry about? I had siphon issues after dryhopping for two weeks and just said **** it and poured the beer from bucket to bottling bucket. Stupid siphon! Beer is fine by the way!

Going through life is hard.
Going through life stupid is harder.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
mikeysab
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 28 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 485 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I love reading posts like this, because every time I do something like this wonder if I'm the only one doing stupid $hit. I ordered a new bottling bucket and didn't spring for the 6 dollar bottle filler that fits, and didn't have a piece of tubing that fit so I just filled them from the spigot. Beer tuened out wonderful

Old 05-28-2010, 08:53 PM   #5
WildGingerBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1959 Times on 1928 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysab View Post
I love reading posts like this, because every time I do something like this wonder if I'm the only one doing stupid $hit. I ordered a new bottling bucket and didn't spring for the 6 dollar bottle filler that fits, and didn't have a piece of tubing that fit so I just filled them from the spigot. Beer tuened out wonderful
I can't count the number of bottles I have filled from the spigot! The only downside to filling that way, is I tend to overfill quite often. Never made the beer bad though!

Quick Reply