Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Home Brewery

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2007, 11:08 PM   #11
Skrimpy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M
This is what you're looking for: http://www.alenuts.com/brutus.htm

I can't drink beer fast enough to brew enough. I don't want my brew day to happen without me just yet. I LIKE being involved.

Yes! This is exactly the type of thing that I am looking for! Probably something a little cheaper and a little more homegrown. I was thinking that I would have the HLT separaate from the chiller (reverse flow coil) and run house cold through it so there is less manipulation on my part. I was actually thinking about attaching valve faucets to the cpu so that I can just click a button to fill the system and fill the counter flow chiller. Also i thought about writing a sanitizing program that would first run soapy hot water through the system and then boiling water to sterilize so there was no need for bleach. If the boiling water doesn't work I can send some iodine or starsan through it (after scrubbing the sediments and grains out of it).
Yes. I like being involved too, and even though I wouldn't drink all of it I would keep brewing and distribute the excess (of course would have to get all the business permits).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2007, 02:13 AM   #12
morbid53
Recipes 

Your idea sound almost perfect. This is pretty much the same thing I'm tyring to do basically becuase I need to do larger batches. I give away at least 50% of my beer its just the way I am I like to share my passions with the world, and as of now I have 3 exellent recipies and I am trying to open a brew pub, If you see my other post's 1 on free beer and 1 on experiment I am just trying to get a little feedback there are only 2 people in my area who know anything about beer and it's culture and they both love my beers.

BEER ITS WHAT'S FOR DINNER, LUNCH, BRUNCH, BREAKFAST, who cares crack a cold one invite a freind and enjoy!

Old 06-28-2007, 02:25 AM   #13
FlyingHorse
Formerly Bike N Brew
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbid53
I am trying to open a brew pub...
Quote:
...there are only 2 people in my area who know anything about beer and it's culture
What's wrong with this picture?

Old 06-28-2007, 09:09 PM   #14
Skrimpy
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike N Brew
What's wrong with this picture?
Yes it sounds like he needs to move.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:03 AM   #15
Skrimpy
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by landhoney
I think its hilarious to have that sweet system and to hand write "Brutus Ten" on the control panel. Sorry to whoever owns it, but I think its weird to put something together so beautifully and well designed and leave a detail like that in. However, I'm still jealous and would take it 'as is' in a heartbeat.

It is funny but I would imagine having a cast plate made for it would cost more than the system itself since he would only be making one or two of them...now if he were making 1000 of them it might be cheaper.

Quick Reply