Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Hey, what happened to...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2007, 05:32 AM   #11
Sea
Green Flash IPA on tap
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

It's a combination of the gas pressure (regulator), size of the gas orifices, and the size of the of the air intake orifice as well. If all they did was reduce the reg. capacity, and the rest is unchanged,.... time to upsize!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2007, 07:24 AM   #12
ScubaSteve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasie
What adjustments did they make to render it less awesome?
They put it in a glass kiosk that houses an electrified de-awesomulator machine. I think it runs off of 220V AC. Yeah...they changed the regulator....I DON'T think they changed the burner., as it is cast and I don't think they would have changed theshape or number of holes. With that being said, you should be able to use a HP regulator and get the same results as the old one. The company probably made this change in the interest of fuel economy...I just want a crazy powerful burner to heat my sparge water and HERMS coil.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply