Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Help on a recipe for a competition

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
Noleafclover
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Help on a recipe for a competition

Each month my brewclub has either an event or club competition. In November the competition is in celebration of Mexican/Hispanic culture. Our club manager worked with the multicultural folks at his place of employement, and apparently in November they're recognizing the Mexican/Hispanic culture. In any case, he's always looking for a way to promote homebrewing, so he suggested to them that our club would put on a competition of spiced beers for them to judge.

So the BJCP category is 21.A. Honestly, the first time I have sampled a pepper beer was 3 weeks ago. I found it to be an enjoyable beer.

So I come to you, the homebrewing experts, for suggestions for a good all-grain recipe! I'm looking for something representative of the style that just evokes the sensations of Mexican fare...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
mmb
FNG
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3113 Times on 3033 Posts
Likes Given: 161

Got nothing for ya... I would have thought they would go with Vienna Lager, as Mexico is one of the only places where they still brew a traditional Vienna Lager.

Perhaps a Vienna as a base beer.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:52 PM   #3
Noleafclover
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

A little extra info.. some of the other events that are going on for this multicultural club is salsa tasting, some salsa dancing, etc.

And none of these guys will know anything about what is actually brewed in Mexico, which is why they went with that BJCP category. I was thinking a Jalepeno or chipotle potentially.

Quick Reply