New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Help With procedure for my first AG brew.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
Mongzilla
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 6

Default Help With procedure for my first AG brew.

I have found the following “Belgian Brothers Golden Strong Ale” recipe for my first AG brew and need some help with how to go about my mash.

Link to recipe: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f73/belgian-brother-golden-strong-250255/

I am using a ?L electrically heated, with a temperature control, mash tub and a purpose made mashing/spargeing bag.

The recipey calls for a; 6.5 Gallon (U.S.) mash, at 150 F for 60 min. Then a batch sparge, of 2 Gallons at 170 F for 20 min.

Could I uses all the water in one go, and if so what tips would you give?

Also would it be better to have the following protein rests (correct term?) as recommended by an poster?

30 min 120F
30 min 135F
30 min 145F
30 min 150F.

And just one more.

I would like to rake the brew into secondary carboys (1 Gallon) for the last part of the fermentation. Is this a good idea, as taking gravity reading would be hard.

Any help would be grate, need more info pleases post.

Dave.

You can buy them at just about any grocery store or convenience store, and the come pre-filled with beer! (major selling point for me).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply