Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Grain to Glass Video (15 gallon batch)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #11
Premnasbiaculeatus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by grathan View Post
It's all about the massive stockpile. Nice work.
Thanks so much! The stockpile is key, and maintaining it is essentially the only reason I'm brewing 15 gallons per batch (that and better clarification through longer aging). SWMBO and I might kill a keg in 2-4 weeks, but if we have people over we can kill one in one night. For every 3 kegs I empty I always want to have atleast 6 carboys / bottles waiting to fill them. SWMBO is testy about when I have my brew days, so having a cushion of several weeks worth is essential.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2013, 04:46 AM   #12
grathan
Recipes 

Liked 90 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I see white room is spotless. I'd of had beer all over the ceiling running that pump.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #13
bdb7098
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Great vid, inspired me to automate my set-up. I don't like walking around the house with 10+ gallons of hot wort so looking into a pump to move the runoff to the brew kettle. I have several of those fermenters and cut the top off of one to get a spigot on. A PITA to Jerry rig something to get the top back on. How did you get the spigot on yours? The holes not big enough to get my arm thru and even if I could, I don't think it would be long enough.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #14
Premnasbiaculeatus
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by grathan View Post
I see white room is spotless. I'd of had beer all over the ceiling running that pump.
I do still tend to make the floor sticky from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdb7098 View Post
Great vid, inspired me to automate my set-up. I don't like walking around the house with 10+ gallons of hot wort so looking into a pump to move the runoff to the brew kettle. I have several of those fermenters and cut the top off of one to get a spigot on. A PITA to Jerry rig something to get the top back on. How did you get the spigot on yours? The holes not big enough to get my arm thru and even if I could, I don't think it would be long enough.
I used an 11/16 hole saw to cut the hole, and then used a a 3/4" thread cutting tap to thread it so it would match the male thread on my spigot. Then I just globbed on a healthy amount of silicone and screwed it in.

Quick Reply