Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > going all grain

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #1
avm221
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default going all grain

well i am going all grain. i have bought the stuff online to make a cooler mash ton and i just bought a keg(kettle) with a thermometer and ball valve. ill should be getting it all together in the next few weeks with the mash ton. i my current kettle that i have been using inside for extract batches is a 7-8 gal pot that i wil turn into my HLT. now i just need a way to use gravity to do the work for me out side when im brewing. also for right now i only have one burner so ill have to heat up my water then switch things around to get the keg on the burner hopefully befor it gets to heavy.

any suggestions on making a ghetto all grain gravity fed stands would be helpful also i got to be abel to brake it down,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2013, 02:49 AM   #2
reinstone
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 116 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 128

If you can pick up the mash tun after its filled, anything would work....as long as the tun is placed higher than the kettle. But be careful lifting hot wort. I look at some pics of people's brewing stands. Some stack cinder blocks.

BL, CL, Miller etc. is like makin love in a canoe.....
its fkin close to water.
Lagering/conditioning: German pils, Dortmunder
Lagering:Kolsch, Dusseldorf alt
American Amber, Red ale
Double ipa, Rye ipa
Fermenting: German pils
Wheat 1,Wheat 2
All to be kegged and served by May 10

Old 04-22-2013, 03:02 AM   #3
amandabab
Recipes 

Liked 237 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 446

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm221 View Post

any suggestions on making a ghetto all grain gravity fed stands would be helpful also i got to be abel to brake it down,
lots of pics here
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f85/ghet...setups-253999/

Quick Reply