The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > full boil small batch vs partial boil larger batch?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #31
9Frogs
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post

You don't need to defend him, besides, basically he's saying you'll make crappy beer if you attempt it. It's one thing to offer information, it's another thing to offer opinion without stating that it is opinion.

I have found that in this hobby there are MANY ways of doing things, and that when someone is "so sure" that something won't work, he doesn't realize that there are folks who are doing it that way all the time, and it IS working. And used by a lot of people.

A lot of folks just repeat what they've heard, about something, without even experimenting for themselves. And USUALLY those things that folks are so convinced is "that way" like the hop utilization thing turns out to be so miniscule that our tastebuds really couldn't detect it anyway......

My primer covers any so called "dillution" of hops quite simply....As does most brewing software when you're working with dillution....

And the other questions remains, Have either of you ACTUALLY attempted it or are you just playing armchair brewer on this one? It's one thing to do it, and share info for or against it, and it's another thing to venture opinion without even having ever tried it.
Well put, sir!

"A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her" WC Fields

Revvy Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply