Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Forgot to aerate

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #11
beertroll
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffondg View Post
For sure, a stirplate is my next purchase!
If you're moderately handy, you can make your own for next to nothing. An old computer fan, a power pack, some rare earth magnets, and some epoxy and you're good to go. I'm sure there are some good tutorials in the DIY forum here or on YouTube.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #12
RainyDay
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I just recently put good effort into aerating (after about 3 years of not really doing much - never had an issue though). I do find that my krausen is much higher and my yeast much more active, and quicker at that, when I put good effort into aerating. Its all beer right?

Old 07-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #13
NewBrewB
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 17

My aeration method is to stir vigoriusly in the better bottle with the sanitized ass end of my plastic brewing spoon. I crank it around one direction 10 x or so anf then reverse direction. That seemed to be "working" but I have been wondering about the DIY attachments people make for drills to whip it into a nice creamy concoction....

And now you see that Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb!

Quick Reply