Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Flaked Oats

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2007, 02:51 AM   #1
mcody2005
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Flaked Oats

I posted a quesion about flaked Oats in the general discussion forum, but i think you all-Grain wizzards may be able to provide me with more insight
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=23076
Thanks!

Up Next:Gluten free [blue moonish]
(have yet to dink a drop of my own beer! I'll crack open my first finished beer on st. patties day![East coast Porter] First beer brewed is the Octoberfest, but still lagering...)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2007, 02:54 AM   #2
Flyin' Lion

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

I can't answer your question directly, but can point you in a positive direction for your dilemma.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=17679&highlight=celiac+disease

Hope that helps.

Old 02-25-2007, 03:06 AM   #3
mcody2005

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the link! allready read the thread though.(been doing lots of research on gluten free beer) and decided to go my own route. my plan is to make a non wheat/Barley verrsion of Blue Moon(strange, because this beer is a WHEAT based beer) and i want to use Oatmeal along with sorghum malt. but i have no idea on how to use the oatmeal, if grocery store Irish oasts are acceptabe, and if the enzymes in sorhgum malt will convert the starches in the oats into fermentables!

Up Next:Gluten free [blue moonish]
(have yet to dink a drop of my own beer! I'll crack open my first finished beer on st. patties day![East coast Porter] First beer brewed is the Octoberfest, but still lagering...)

Quick Reply