Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > first run on my new all grain system

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
davefleck
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default first run on my new all grain system

Embarked on my maiden voyage for my single tier. It has been several years in the making and plenty of time invested. I've been waiting to 'go all grain' until i had this done. Hindsight would have build a cooler mash tun if I knew how long i'd be building this. I did a pretty simple 5g batch but I'm pretty sure i'll be doing 10 in the future. Same amount of wasted wort and work but 2x as much beer! I'm trouble shooting my thermometers as they don't read accurately. I went with short ones that barely extend into the keg to keep them protected. I think the temp of the liquid in the sight glass is throwing it off substantially. I'll be removing them to test & calibrate them.

pumps work well but need to make some flashing to protect them. Getting them to prime takes some finesse. Love the plate chiller!

can't wait until I'm really familiar with it. But dang it's a heavy setup.
the stand is some heavy mild steel from 100 years ago. The slight pitch on my concrete makes it want to take off on me as I put it back into the garage!

maiden-voyage.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
FredTheNuke
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 63 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Good Stuff!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply