Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > First post

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2006, 11:00 PM   #1
beerme
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default First post

Hello all, first time post to this forum. Have been all grain brewing for several years now due to the lack of quality beers in my area. Had been brewing what I thought were big hoppy brews until I decided to fly down to Denver for the 2005 GABF to taste and learn. The first beer I tryed was Alesmiths IPA which blew me away, then after sampling alot of others I tryed Russian Rivers offerings which blew my mind. Long story short, I have been trying to brew bigger ever since. My question is that I would like to go from 5gal to 10 gal batches. In my recipes do i just double everything? What are good resources for recipes on the web?

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2006, 01:03 AM   #2
drengel
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

bigger batches or bigger beers? which one do you want?

JK, yeah double your ingredients and your equipment size. the bittering hops may have to be adjusted. as far as web resources, i just google the style i want and look at all the different sites until i decide that none are exactly what i want and i make up my own.

drinking: mocha java porter, belgian pumpkin ale, Gary's oatmeal stout clone, AHS nut brown, catamount porter clone, double nut brown, rye pale ale, my oatmeal stout

conditioning: nut brown

next: saison, wit, american wheat, hefe, kolsch, blonde

gone: too damn many

Old 03-01-2006, 01:44 AM   #3
Chairman Cheyco
***DRAMATIZATION***
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

By bigger beers, drengel means higher alcohol content ie. with a high or big original gravity.

Once the wind has been broken, it cannot be fixed.

Quick Reply