Well I made a few mistakes today, starting with misreading the recipe and only getting Cascade hops at the LHBS Then I didn't know that I could turn the propane regulator up even more (it's very hard to turn) so my strike water took me 40minutes for 3gallons.
The worse mistake was what happened prior to the boil. I opened the valve on the MLT which was on a shelf situated higher than the BK. Well I had the hose in the BK, submersed, so the backpressure wouldn't allow a siphon to start. Genius me, I put the MLT up on a stool (that's smaller surface area than the MLT) and if that wasn't enough, I put a 2x4 under the back of it to get some slope...
Needless to say, with about 2qt. of first wort in the MLT left to drain, all hell broke loose. MLT fell, tumbled, and spilled that much of the wort onto the table, floor, and me. Good thing it wasn't more wort, but still mad.
Just had a wicket boilover due to not having water around to knock down foam break. Not the best day but pretty sure I'm still making beer.