Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > First all grain - Success!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
stevewix
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default First all grain - Success!

I thought it was a load of BS that a person could taste the difference between all-grain and extract beer. Boy was I wrong. I made the AHS Oktoberfest all-grain kit, and it's honestly the best beer i've ever tasted, ever. Fast fermentation (pumped out the water in the airlock), higher attenuation, and a relatively slow and simple process have me hooked.

My next question is as follows:
I'm aware of how much better pilsners, golden ales, etc are when doing all-grain. How much better are the all-grain imperial stouts, porters, etc?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
hopsalot
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 55

mo betta

http://bjsbrewery.blogspot.com/

Old 09-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #3
Face Eater
I brew beer....
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I think it's better as you have more control over your recipes. As for me, all my all grain brews taste better than my extracts but I didn't do many extract brews. I have tasted plenty of extract brews that were phenomenal and I think that you can achieve great beers with either extract or all grain.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #4
bratrules
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

The thing about AG is that you can taste your personal touch!!! that's what i love.

Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy. - Frank Sinatra

Quick Reply