HBT 2014 Big Giveaway - 4/10 Re-Draw Winners Posted!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > First all grain jester king noble king

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
buntung483
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default First all grain jester king noble king

So I've just completed fermentation of my jester king noble king clone. This was my first all grain beer and first time using the system.

So. On brew day I was fortunate enough to hit my numbers even though my mash temp dropped a bit after sitting for a while.

I fave just taken a final gravity reading which was 1.003 1 point less than the jester king recipe. So I'm glad was so close. Means I did something right.

Only thing is. warm and not carbonated out of the carboy it is a little less hoppier than the genuine. I'm thinking that the yeast wyeast 3711 has a stronger flavour over the hops at 76degrees or at least hope.

Anyone able to give any info on what they think. I just can't wait for it to be ready and do a side by side.

Have to give a shout out to the brewin network. All the info has made me able to brew what I have so far. If wasn't for them I would probably still think cleaning and sanitizing we're the same.

And cheers to jester king for the recipe and info. And those great farmhouse ales

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
sptaylor70
Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Warm and flat beer doesn't taste like cool and carbonated. Wait until you have it out of the bottle in a few weeks before you reach a conclusion. And monitor how the flavor changes, in the bottle, over the next month(s).

Old 06-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #3
daksin

Recipes 

Liked 267 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 321

All flavors will be subdued at cool temperatures, the beer will likely seem a little less hoppy (in flavor) at serving temps, though carbonation may improve the aroma.

I can't be arsed to keep up this list of what's in the fermenters, but hey, check out the cool brewery I'm opening up!

twitter.com/twokidsbrewing .. facebook.com/twokidsbrewing .. twokidsbrewing.com

Old 06-21-2013, 05:24 AM   #4
buntung483
Recipes 

Well in saying that. It's more the aroma I'm not noticing. Hopefully once carbonated will be there. Either way I'm sure will still be tasty

Old 06-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #5
DankHead
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I've actually helped bottle this beer at the brewery, and taken fresh bottles from bottling day home (flat and warm, because they bottle condition) and the aroma isn't as noticeable when fresh. Give it some time, and it will come together.

Side note: it probably won't taste identical, unless you used dregs from the bottle, as their house yeast is unique to only their brewery.

Cheers

Primary:
Chocolate Stout

Secondary:

Kegged:
BIAB Black IPA
Throw Together Pale Ale (Tropical Edition)

Old 06-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
sbuchan
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Care to share the recipe? I emailed them for it but haven't heard back yet.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:50 PM   #7
tgmartin000
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Wanted to bump this and second the recipe request. I have 2 bottles of noble king, I'd like to harvest the yeast for a clone. Please and thank you!

Quick Reply