New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > First All Grain, but forgot to do something!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
csmcgn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default First All Grain, but forgot to do something!

So late last night I was brewing my first all gain beer. I used this recipe: http://www.mashspargeboil.com/belgian-cookie-ale-recipe/

I did everything correct up till I was supposed to add the spices for the last 5 min of the boil. So when I woke up this morning I was thinking "Man this beer is gunna be awesome!", when I realized that I didn't add the spices. So I then got all the spices that I was supposed to put in and added it to the fermentation bucket and stirred them in as best as I could. So will that mess anything up? Will the beer be less favored? Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
phoenixs4r
Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Good question. Next time before you ad anything, boil it up or soak it in vodka. Your chances if an infection are really slim, but its still worth the precaution.

Old 08-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #3
Kentunkel
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The spices will have a 'cooked' flavor in the cookies and adding them to the boil would have aligned those flavors more closely. Not cooking them will give you a slight difference in spice character but I wouldn't say you messed anything up flavor wise.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
csmcgn
Recipes 

So everything seems to be good with this batch. Phew! I will most likely add some more spice to the priming sugar when I make it for the bottling part. Thanks for the help guys!

Quick Reply