So I'm brewing my first all grain recipe this weekend and have lots of questions.
I have brewed 2 beginner batches with extract and know the general process. I also know that my recipe calls for a mash no hotter than 152 degrees which sounds pretty standard. The recipe told me the ingredients but not really the process. I have my grain, I have my hops, and I have my yeast.
That's what I know, what I don't know is this:
- When making an all extract brew I usually make a tea with about a pound of included grain, is that necessary now (it's not in the recipe).
- Is the wort from the Mash/Sparge the wort or do I have to make a tea first?
- Once I Mash/Sparge do I bring to a boil (foam) then start with hops and countdown?
- Tips on Mashing or Sparging? I have a good idea on the Mash but am a little confused on the Sparging process.
- Do I need any additional Corn Sugar or ingredients aside from bottling sugar.
- Any other tips on this process?
Thanks so much for all the help. What can I say, I'm a beginner and I'm loving this hobby!