Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > First All Grain Brew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #21
jweez
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

for those first dozen glasses i just give it an agressive pour and im good to go.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #22
jCOSbrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Cuda

That sounds like a nice setup.

I know u r in a hurry with the first batch but 2-3 weeks in primary and 4+ for higher gravity beers will improve the beer. Pick up a copy of palmers how to brew.

Summers beers like wheat and cream ale can go pretty quick from grain to glass.

Also I cold crash in the keg. Takes a week to fully carbonate at which point the kegged beer is crystal clear.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:05 PM   #23
fvirzi
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I recently used priming sugar In a keg. Let it sit in the closet for a week and then put it on about 8psi. Well carbed and a nice head. Is there any negatives to doing this in the future

Old 05-03-2013, 04:11 AM   #24
cuda6pak
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Update:

Well it seems my no foam/head/carb issue has solved itself. An aggressive pour along with some half throttle from the tap and no issue whatsoever. Lacing and head both looked good which was a relief to forget about those issues. The real Stone was definitely a cleaner finish and better beer overall. Mine still has that back of the tongue taste I was talking about, which you seems like I can smell it as well, not really sure what it is, I'd need somebody with a little more experience to let me know. Any other IPA finishes real clean, mine leaves a slight taste on the back of your tongue. I also forgot to mention earlier that I accidentally left the grain mill at 0.050" for this crush so it wasn't the best. I bumped it down to 0.039 for my second brew.

Overall, for my very first brew it's pretty good! Especially when comparing it against one of the best craft breweries in the U.S. I think my RRyePA and future beers will only get better!

(Mine is on the left)

Quick Reply