Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > First all-grain batch: Dead Guy clone

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
damdaman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts

Default First all-grain batch: Dead Guy clone

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/dead...ee-note-25902/

Just excited to start my first AG batch. I'm hoping to do it this week or next weekend. Here's my plan:

Following Deathbrewer's great pictorial for Easy Stove-top All-grain Brewing (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/easy...ng-pics-90132/). But I'm going to be using a propane burner and two 7.5gal stock pots to allow for more water use (and thus I'm hoping better efficiency).

So I will be mashing in one stock pot, then dunking the grains in the other to sparge, and then combining the two worts and boiling.

Using my normal clip-on thermometer to make temp. I have a new 24x36" strainer bag for the grains as well so I don't have to worry about a false bottom.

Anything I'm missing here? Should I worry about gypsum or other water additions at this stage or not bother just yet and see how it goes?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply