So, first all-grain batch finished. I think it went pretty well overall but...
1. I fell short of volume. I used about 11 gallons of water w/ a 13.5 lb grain bill. My guess is that I have more equipment loss than I allowed for. So I will bump up my allowance there for the next one.
2. I couldn't get below 77 deg w during chilling with my pump, counterflow chiller. I had to put the primary in the fridge to finish cooling. I used a water recirc pump w/ my old immersion chiller in an ice bath to keep the cooling water as cold as possible, but no joy.
I would love to have any insights into this all grain process that the more experienced folks might have.