Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Chance to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > First All Grain

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2011, 01:59 PM   #21
Dukeman9988
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjinnNTawnik
Update. Bottled today. OG 1.050 FG 1.000 abv should be arround 6.7. Primed with 1.2 oz table sugar disolved in 1/4 cup water. Taste of flat brew was great. Slight after taste from tannins, but nothing an extra couple of weeks in the bottle wont mellow out. Flavor was very much like Guinness, but the cascade hops gave a nict back citrus note. will follow up when i crack a bottle
I don't see how this could possibly taste like Guinness

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #22
DjinnNTawnik
Recipes 

First, I am sry about the improperly typed link here is the pic. Second, the definition of an internet troll is someone who posts deliberately inflammatory or off topic things in a forum to annoy or anger the users. I have done none of those things. The only thing I tried to do here was share the experience I had making my first brew. I understand I made some rookie mistakes that could have been avoided by asking a few more questions, but that doesn't make me a troll. To everyone who posted constructive criticism, or funny quips here thank you. To everyone else, all you succeeded in doing was taking some of the fun away from a guy brewing his very first batch of beer.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:54 PM   #23
DjinnNTawnik
Recipes 

PS. I also fixed the link from the previous post

Old 09-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #24
afr0byte
Recipes 

Liked 71 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 49

You apparently are not a troll, but it sure sseemed like you were blowing smoke.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:39 PM   #25
Primevci
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjinnNTawnik
First, I am sry about the improperly typed link here is the pic. Second, the definition of an internet troll is someone who posts deliberately inflammatory or off topic things in a forum to annoy or anger the users. I have done none of those things. The only thing I tried to do here was share the experience I had making my first brew. I understand I made some rookie mistakes that could have been avoided by asking a few more questions, but that doesn't make me a troll. To everyone who posted constructive criticism, or funny quips here thank you. To everyone else, all you succeeded in doing was taking some of the fun away from a guy brewing his very first batch of beer.
Hey dont feel bad one who calls one a troll is useally trolling himeself i would try your beer

Keg 1: No Name IPA
Keg 2: Empty
Keg 3: Cream Soda "Kids"
Primary 1 = Oatmeal Stout
Primary 2 = Alaskan Amber Clone
Primary 3 = ApelfWein

Old 09-29-2011, 02:29 AM   #26
DjinnNTawnik
Recipes 

update: after 3 days bottles are rock hard. cracked a bottle, and SOB, even though i made some boo boos, i made a drinkable beer. i tasted it next to a bottle of guinness i had in the fridge, and it's so close its scary. here's a pic BEER

Quick Reply