I did my first all grain brew today. Bee Cave Haus Pale Ale. Everything went pretty well. I used 1/2 gal of hot water to get my first strike water back up to temp and then forgot to subtract it from my second water so I ended up with 7gal instead of 6 1/2. My OG was right on target at 1.051. I tried to figure my efficiency but get lost on the ppg number. I can't figure out where Palmer gets it from.
I made a copper manifold but did not solder the joints, so I worried the whole time about it coming apart, but no problem. Maybe next time a single loop of copper wire around it will ease my worries. The wort ran clear after about a quart.
I used SA-05 instead of Nottingham. My LHBS didn't have Nottingham.
You guys were right, it is easier then it sounds.