The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > First 10 gallon batch tomorrow.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2008, 05:00 AM   #1
chefchris
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default First 10 gallon batch tomorrow.

Memphomaniac will join me as I show him the ropes of AG and I attempt my first 10 gallon batch tomorrow. I'm doing another batch of Ed Wort's Robust Porter. My first batch is almost gone.

Any last words of wisdom?

Primary: RIS, Flanders Red, Berliner Weisse

On Tap: Brown Ale, American Stout, Pumpkin Porter, Pale Ale, Uncle Muscle's IPA, Rowsdower Canadian Dry Stout

Bottled: Berliner Weisse

I think you are confuisng circle k with a reach around. - Denny's Evil Concoctions

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2008, 10:05 PM   #2
WBC
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Before you start make sure you have room to mash, boil without a boil over and ferment with enough head room. Make sure you have twice the propane or more as it takes a lot more energy for 10 gallons.

Cheers,
WBC

Fermentor 1: Bill's House Ale II, Fermentor 2: German Helles, Fermentor 3: Bill's Schworzbier (Black Bier)
Tap 1: Bill's House Ale II, Tap 2: German Hefewizen, Tap 3: Nut Brown Ale
Future Brews: Stone IPA Clone, Blonde Ale, Budvar Clone, Newcastle Clone
New toy: Blichmann 27 gallon fermentor

“If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging”

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment”

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply