Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Fermentation sounds like jumanji!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
bmunos
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Fermentation sounds like jumanji!

On friday of last week I brewed an IPA with california V yeast. As of about thursday of this week I thought I had done something wrong because there were no signs of fermentation. Then tonight I wake up hearing a bang and what do you know, it my BEER! The beer is fermenting outside in the garage inside of my brew fridge, and I can hear it in my bedroom? Has anyone encountered this? I have never heard/ seen so much action 5 days after a brew session?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
william_shakes_beer
Recipes 

Liked 92 Times on 80 Posts

What's your fermentation temp? that'll happen if its too high. Yeast like to party. They're kinda like frat boys. If you toss them in the sorority house on a warm friday night with a couple kegs of ...well... beer, they'll be hanging out the windows come monday morning. On a cold January, not so much.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
bmunos
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 6

hahaha thats awesome. the fridge is set to 70 degrees?

Quick Reply