Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Dry-hopping w pellets?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2006, 08:03 PM   #11
perry
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

These bags.... do you worry about sterilization befor you use them, or do you let the alcohol in the beer take care of that?

And then, do you remove them from the keg before carbonation and serving or just let them sit in there 'til the keg is empty?

And finally, how do you judge how much hop to use for dry hopping?

(David 42, are you removing the bagged hops from the keg or from the fermenter when the flavor gets right?)

Thanks again everybody for all the great feedback. p

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2006, 08:33 PM   #12
boldone
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yes, you need to sanitize the bag before you use it. I just soak with the rest of my gear.

You can carb and serve with the hops in the keg. You can let them set in the keg until it is empty or until you have achieved the perfect aroma.

How much you use is up to you. Less than 1 ounce probably won't do much. I have had good results with 1 ounce in my pale ales and 2 ounces in my IPAs.

(Note: I have never keg hopped, but I am seriously thinking about giving it a try)

My name is Steve and I am a hopoholic.

Kegged: empty
Drinking: Commercial Craft Brews :(

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply