New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Doll House Brewery UPDATE!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2007, 11:08 PM   #11
dollhousebrewery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Keeping them FULL and not emptying them are different. I have to empty mine, or I could just start leaving them in the secondaries longer...

Primary: Old Man Pub Ale
Secondary: Empty
Secondary #2: Empty

Carbing: Oatmeal Stout #3
On Tap: Carbing

Emptied Kegs: Oatmeal Stout #1, B-Day Oatmeal Stout #2

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2007, 11:10 PM   #12
Jaybird
Vendor
HomeBrewTalk 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Recipes 

Liked 194 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollhousebrewery
Keeping them FULL and not emptying them are different. I have to empty mine, or I could just start leaving them in the secondaries longer...
leaving them in secondaries is a great idea. Its a great way to ensure that you cant get to them.
Good luck
JJ

I have been making custom False Bottoms for just about everything since 2008

Nor Cal Brewing Solutions, Reddings local homebrew store
(530)243-BEER and (530)221-WINE

Still have questions PM me here or hit the website.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com and like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NorCalBrewingSolutionsfor Facebook only promos too

Old 10-21-2007, 11:13 PM   #13
Sea
Green Flash IPA on tap

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird
leaving them in secondaries is a great idea. Its a great way to ensure that you cant get to them.
Good luck
JJ
I second this notion. Leave in sec longer, don't carb with priming sugar and buy some damn beer if you have to!

Corrupt Brewers

Old 10-22-2007, 05:14 PM   #14
WortMonger
United States Mashtronaut

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Sounds like we all need sponsors to go to when we feel the need to "peek" LOL. I am fermenting in a sanke for primary, and have it under 15 psi pressure with a adjustable pressure relief valve on my sanke tap. The beer side of the tap has a tester spigot on it and I have tasted and checked gravity with a refractometer (simply as a reference not an absolute gravity read) about 2oz a day since it was about 5 days old. It is remarkable how from one day to the next it can taste so different. Today it is ready to remove the tap and let it carbonate to 30 psi, then I get to crash cool it and transfer to 2 5 gallon sankes. What does everyone bet I can't let it go a full month in the 5 galls without a taste again, lol. I might can as long as my other beers hold out, but my friends are getting hooked on craft beer so now it has many imbibers, LOL.

"It's like a 15.5 gallon Mr. Beer!"

Quick Reply