Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Does all grain brewing become expesive

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #51
Mirkin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Just a note on BIAB (which is the easiest way to start AG there's some great posts on aussiehomebrewer forums and biabrewer forums on how to get started)

For all that is holy dont use muslin, as its cotton it will fall apart very quickly. Either buy a purpose made bag from homebrew shop OR buy a couple of meters of SWISS VOILE from a haberdashery/furnishing fabric shop. Pure nylon. Usually in curtaining section, very fine mesh. Really cheap too.

Once i moved from K&K brewing to BIAB it's being a much easier process ramping up my brewery. Started with a 19l(5gal) pot, now I have a 40L(10gal) electric urn, next I'm converting a cooler into a Mash/lauter tun, and future plans will include a much larger boil kettle relegating my urn to being only a HLT.

BIAB has been great tho, being able to do all grain brewing for a while now with nothing more than a pot and piece of cloth as extra to my previous extract kit brewing

But to agree with all above AG is much more affordable (ingredients only not equipment) than buying commercial beer. And much kinder to your taste buds than drinking megaswill!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply