Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Do cooler prices go down in winter?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
sportscrazed2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Do cooler prices go down in winter?

I live in an area where coolers are unnecessary during the winter. Do prices normally go down during the winter? I want to jump into all grain but want to do it when the weather is nice and I can use a turkey fryer on my deck without freezing. Should I look into getting my equipment now or do prices tend to stay constant year round?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2712 Times on 1630 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

Depends on the place. Some stores take them off the floor in the winter. Some carry them year round without reducing prices, and some move the seasonal items to a back wall and discount them to clear them. Usually if they move them, but keep them on the floor they will discount them. I believe I found mine at a big box store dirt cheap out of season on a back wall near the garden section.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 11-28-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
sportscrazed2
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

cool i've only been looking at prices online so far. guess i will just have to actually go to the stores and see what they do.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2712 Times on 1630 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

Yeah, online places more than likely keep all their inventory in a warehouse, and aren't needing to deal with sale floor space on a seasonal basis, so there's no incentive to move the inventory around and/or to lower prices because of that.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 11-28-2010, 04:42 PM   #5
GrantH
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Target has 52 qt. rectangular coolers with spigot and handles for 20 bucks right now. You won't find any cheaper than that.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:49 PM   #6
sportscrazed2
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

do those work well? i might pick one up but am willing to spend more for quality. just don't want to spend too much i am on a college student budget after all

Quick Reply