New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Delaware Valley / Philly Area: Where do you buy your grain sacks?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
Brewfist
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default Delaware Valley / Philly Area: Where do you buy your grain sacks?

I am going all grain, all the time and have seen prices all over the spectrum for whole sacks both in stores and online. The shipping costs for online sales can almost equal the cost of the sack!

Where do brewers in the Delaware Valley, Philly, New Jersey, Delaware area go for the best prices to pick up at the store?

Thanks
Cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
BackAlley
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewfist View Post
Where do brewers in the Delaware Valley, Philly, New Jersey, Delaware area go for the best prices to pick up at the store?

Thanks
Cheers!
I don't know if they're the best price but Keystone Homebrew is really an awesome place. Clean (and new) store, fresh ingredients, helpful staff, classes if you want. Plus they've got a website too so those times you can't get there, you can order and UPS ground is next day in our area.

Old 09-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
Bamsdealer
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Best prices I've found is weak knee homebrew in Pottstown. Might not be worth the gas prices to dribe there though. 2 row and pils is around $43 for 50lbs and mo is about $50 for 55 lbs

Old 09-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
Gitmoe
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 98 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackAlley View Post
I don't know if they're the best price but Keystone Homebrew is really an awesome place. Clean (and new) store, fresh ingredients, helpful staff, classes if you want. Plus they've got a website too so those times you can't get there, you can order and UPS ground is next day in our area.
+1 But I work there so of course I'm going to suggest Keystone... You can also put in a pickup order online if you're in a hurry. We'll have it ready for you ahead of time. Or roam around the store and hit our kegorator a few times.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
doc5md
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I just went to keystone homebrew for the first time last month when I went down to Philly. Nice store. Bought a ton of stuff. I was very pleased!!

Old 09-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #6
Jipper
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 2

It sounds like you'd be within a 1 day shipping range from our new distribution center in Pittsburgh. Could order (5) 10lbs bags and receive free shipping...we don't ship sacks of grain for free, but the 10lbs bags are somewhat of a loophole!

Not sure what other shops are selling sacks of grain for out there though, so this may or may not be a better deal for you. Just a thought!

Matt Monroe
MoreBeer!
Digital Marketing Manager
www.morebeer.com

Old 09-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #7
kev
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Not sure where you are located or exactly what you want, but check out Brew Your Own Beer in Havertown. I usually e- mail my grain bill the night before and it is always ready when I pick it up. John (the owner) is a great guy, super helpful. He even runs my order through his mill for me, no charge. He is located right on Darby Rd just south of Eagle Rd. hope this helps.
Cheers
Kev

Old 09-09-2013, 01:30 AM   #8
Brewfist
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamsdealer View Post
Best prices I've found is weak knee homebrew in Pottstown. Might not be worth the gas prices to dribe there though. 2 row and pils is around $43 for 50lbs and mo is about $50 for 55 lbs
Was just in Pottstown touring Slyfox Brewery (which I highly recommend!).

Old 09-09-2013, 01:50 AM   #9
ChefRex
Thanks Veterans!

Recipes 

Liked 1294 Times on 809 Posts
Likes Given: 2219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jipper View Post
It sounds like you'd be within a 1 day shipping range from our new distribution center in Pittsburgh. Could order (5) 10lbs bags and receive free shipping...we don't ship sacks of grain for free, but the 10lbs bags are somewhat of a loophole!

Not sure what other shops are selling sacks of grain for out there though, so this may or may not be a better deal for you. Just a thought!
Do you know who the malter is? Only described as "Domestic 2-Row Malt"
Thanks

“Drinking is an emotional thing. It joggles you out of the standardism of everyday life, out of everything being the same. It yanks you out of your body and your mind and throws you against the wall. I have the feeling that drinking is a form of suicide where you’re allowed to return to life and begin all over the next day. It’s like killing yourself, and then you’re reborn. I guess I’ve lived about ten or fifteen thousand lives now.”

~ Charles Bukowski,

Old 09-09-2013, 01:54 AM   #10
ChefRex
Thanks Veterans!

Recipes 

Liked 1294 Times on 809 Posts
Likes Given: 2219

Reread description" Great Western"
Read twice, post once, duh

“Drinking is an emotional thing. It joggles you out of the standardism of everyday life, out of everything being the same. It yanks you out of your body and your mind and throws you against the wall. I have the feeling that drinking is a form of suicide where you’re allowed to return to life and begin all over the next day. It’s like killing yourself, and then you’re reborn. I guess I’ve lived about ten or fifteen thousand lives now.”

~ Charles Bukowski,

Quick Reply