HBT 2015 Big Giveaway - Enter Now

Huge Supporting Membership Discounts - 20% Off

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Date Syrup

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
rinhaak
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Date Syrup

Anyone ever brew with Date Syrup? I'm curious how much date flavor comes through in the finished product. I've seen a few recipes using it in a Belgian Dubbel, but I'd love to hear some opinions and experiences before I throw it in a beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2827 Times on 1682 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

I've used Date Sugar, Date Palm Mollasses and Date Syrup in a couple beers.

I talk about it here.

I wouldn't recommend priming with the mollasses, it is pretty intense. But overall it's no different than using any unrefined sugars and syrups, like Llyles, or Mollasses, Maple syrup or honey.

I also posted some info in this thread as well..

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply