Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > CPVC Manifold

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2007, 08:44 PM   #1
kbesch
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default CPVC Manifold

I just built my manifold out of CPVC, for a 48 qt rectangle cooler. I haven't drilled or cut slits yet. Questions:
Holes or slits, which is more eficient?
How far to space for best results?
How deep, if cutting slits?

Also, I notice some people put a mesh bag around their manifold, does this help? Thanks in advance for any and all advice!!

kbesch

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2007, 10:03 PM   #2
Bugeaterbrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I built a couple of cpvc manifolds. I use a cutting disk on a dremel tool to cut slots about 3/8"-1/2" apart. This is much easier to do than trying to drill enough holes in the curved surface of a piece of tubing. With holes, there is the tendency to drill the holes too big. The bigger the holes, the more solids come through, defeating the purpose of the manifold. If you don't drill enough holes (likely when you get tired of trying to drill the danged things), you are more likely to get them clogged up.

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply