Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > cost of All grain vs extract ??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2009, 10:12 PM   #31
Orfy
For the love of beer!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG_TOOMEY64 View Post
I brew with extract and I buy the bulky 33 pound growler of extract syrup for $70.00. I get five, 5 gallon batches out of it. My grains are bought in 2 -3 pound bags from the local hb store as well as the hops and yeast. I round it off to about $10.50 per case of beer. I never tasted an all grain beer, but my beers are pretty darn good. Especially, my clean out the grains drawer "**** crick ale." Is an all grain that much better tasting?
Thanks,
MSG_TOOMEY64

Welcome to the forum.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2009, 07:31 PM   #32
MSG_TOOMEY64
Recipes 

Thanks, just found the forum

Old 05-16-2009, 11:32 PM   #33
beerocd
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I sanitize the snot out of the kitchen, to the point where going outdoors is only about an hour longer. The beer does taste better doing AG, and the ingredients are cheaper. I still have LOTS of extract in the basement and I can brew up something decent in a shorter period of time. I brew according to how much time I have available and the weather outside. Tomorrow is an outdoor AG kinda day. There's no reason you have to be exclusively one or the other.

-OCD

Due to recent economic crisis, stock market crash, budget cuts, and the rising cost of everything including taxes: "The Light at the End of The Tunnel" has been turned off.

Quick Reply