Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > conversion kit for 5 gallon rubbermaid cooler?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2006, 06:47 PM   #1
Steve973
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default conversion kit for 5 gallon rubbermaid cooler?

I have a conversion kit for my 10 gallon igloo cooler, and I like it a lot. This is the kit that supplies a weldless bulkhead and ball valve to convert the spout-hole in the cooler to a useable valve. I'd also like to find one of these for my 5 gallon rubbermaid cooler, but I haven't had any luck in finding one so far. It's really irritating to have to use a 1-hole stopper in the bottom because i fear that we'll knock it out and ruin a day of brewing when all of the mash liquid pours out of the cooler. Something similar to what we use for the 10 gallon cooler would be great for the 5 gallon orange rubbermaid cooler.

Suggestions, please?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2006, 06:50 PM   #2
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 392 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Go to Depot and build one, lot of us have the same cooler. Very easy, couldn't tell you an exact cost because I ended up buying too many pieces, but probably not much more than $20 or so.

Instructions here:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=8805

Don't be afraid of the plumbing department. Plumbers put their pants on one leg at a time, they just don't hitch them up all the way.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 08-09-2006, 07:21 PM   #3
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 276 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Target should have the Blue Rubbermaid Victory Cooler for $19.99. It may still be on sale for $17.99. The bulkhead will fit just fine as it works great on mine.

Quick Reply