Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Coffee Porter Schedule Advice

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
Lodovico
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Coffee Porter Schedule Advice

Hello,

I'm brewing a Robust Porter tonight and I'm going to cold press coffee and rack the beer on top of it in the secondary.

So the problem is that I leave town next Wednesday and won't be back until Sunday. Would you be worried about oxidation issues from racking to secondary after almost 2 weeks? I would typically move something to secondary after around 10 days just so there is enough active fermentation happening to push out any O2.

Am I over thinking this?

On Draft: Mild
On Draft: IPA
On Draft: Belgian Pale Ale
In Bottle: Brett Porter
In Bottle: Flanders Red
In Bottle: Oud Bruin
Fermentor: Biere De Garde
Fermentor: Belgian Amber Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
yodalegomaster
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

yes, your over thinking this, "it just doesn't matter"

Old 09-25-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
mrbjangles72
Recipes 

I'm fairly new to homebrewing but would it be that terrible of an idea to pour the coffee into the primary after the initial stage of fermentation has completed, leaving it for however long to thoroughly mix, and then putting it into the secondary for a few days to clarify?

Drinking: James Earl Jones Ale [IPA]

Primary: Oatbama, Presidential Stout [Smoked Oatmeal Stout]

Thinking about: Nugget Nectar

Quick Reply