Chugger pump help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldogxray

Reaction score
Ok so I have my rig together enought to brew tomorrow. Today on a test run I recirculated water through my new chugger pumps. I had a horrible time priming them. Is there a trick or something to it.

brewrig2.jpg

Clock the heads 180 degrees for a start. You have the outflow pointed straight down which will trap the biggest air pocket possible.

Clock the heads 180 degrees for a start. You have the outflow pointed straight down which will trap the biggest air pocket possible.

Actually my outflow is at 9 o clock with and 90 elbow pointing up. Is this not a good position?

Yes, but if you look on the inside of the head, the opening to that outflow that is pointing to 9 o'clock is on the 6 o'clock position, which is the opposite of where you want it.

2_P7264292_small_1.jpg

This pic shows what I'm talking about, the outflow is pointed to the side, but the opening inside the head is on top where it should be.

Latest posts

Back