New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Cherry porter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2007, 04:48 PM   #1
georgeW
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Cherry porter

I am new to the forum and am in need of advise. I brewed a porter 8 days ago and want to rack it to secondary with the addition of cherry concentrate. The concentrate that I am adding is 100% pure organic cherry concentrate with no preservatives. The concentrate is in 16 ounce bottles and should be mixed at 4 to 1 to produce juice.
I would like to finish with a porter that has a pronounced cherry flavor but is still somewhat dry. My OG was 54 and it is now at 14.
If there is anyone that has tried this, I would like to know how much concentrate to add to a 5 gallon batch and should if be added now at racking to secondary?
Regards,
georgeW

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2007, 01:38 PM   #2
david_42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 130 Times on 124 Posts

Rack it to secondary and add 1/2 of a bottle. Give it 2-3 days, then check the flavor. Nice thing about concentrates, you can always add more. And extra time won't hurt a porter.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply