Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Changing from IC to CFC.....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
Bass0721
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Changing from IC to CFC.....

Well, I have been playing around with changing to a CFC rather than my IC. I built it and have it sitting here next to me...taunting me. I recently started to increase my production to 15 gal runs and my IC takes too much time. Last night I prepared my grain bill and did all my grinding. I also started my yeast last night. When Get home i will sanitize everything and then begin the birth my my new recipe.....Vanilla Pale. If all goes well, this should turn out to be a great recipe. the only thing I'm not really sure of is the size of the tubing to connect to the CFC from the wort, and the type of connection I will need. Hopefully I have everything.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Kris

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
DustinHickey
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I use 3/8" inside diameter silicone tubing and slide it over the 3/8" copper tubing on the CFC and tighten with a pipe clamp.

I pump from the ball valve on my kettle up to my CFC and then out to the fermentor through a venturi fitting for aeration. Works like a charm with no leaks.

Keep in mind I use March 809 producing 12' of head. If you use something that produces more pressure you may want to use some type of barb fitting w/ clamps, ect..

Old 08-12-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
Bass0721
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Thanks Dustin, I have the same pump so I'll try that. I think i have 3/8" at home.

Quick Reply