Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Chalk (Calcium Carbonate) question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
TelemarkBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Chalk (Calcium Carbonate) question

given my very soft water I've determined I need to add this to my mash for a Dry Stout I'm brewing. The nearest HBS is about 45 min away and I don't want to pay shipping on a $4 item. I was going to buy calcium carbonate powder from a health food store, I can't think of any problems with this, given it doesn't have other ingredients, but wanted to check with the accumulated mass of knowledge here first. Any issue with this?

Product is NOW Foods - Calcium Carbonate - 12 oz.

Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
Saccharomyces
Be good to your yeast...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 80 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Looks fine to me...

Quote: