Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Can't I just use a grain bag in a cooler?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #51
bcltoys
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

New to the forum wanted to hi,and this is a very informative thread. Also are you guy's still using this method and are there any update's or new trick's. Thanky

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #52
boscobeans
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 111 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 306

There is a thread running lower on this page

"I just do not get it...why?" It deals with methods you might be interested in.

Here's the one I use and posted on the above thread:

I use a 50 quart rectangular cooler with a stainless steel wire BBQ grill fitted to the bottom. The grill fills the bottom to all the edges and is raised (a little bending and adjustment was needed) about 1/4 of an inch from the bottom. It was bent so that it just rides above the drain on the one side.. A quick change from the regular spigot to a CPVC valve and I'm set to go.

I fit a wet Walmart VOILE curtain panel into the cooler ( it sticks to the sides and rides on the grill easily if it is wet to start) then I secure it to the outer edge of the cooler.

Easily handles all my 6 gallon all grain bills, keeps the temperature where I want it, drains as fast as I want it to, never gets stuck and leaves me with a well drained and not too heavy curtain full of spent grain..

bosco

Last edited by boscobeans; 09-07-2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: correction

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply