Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Can my Imperial Stout be saved?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 01:03 AM   #11
Dunkelweizenpants
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratrules
Man going off the point a little how do expect to have a Imperial Stout ready in 8 weeks? Those big beers really need some time to mellow out. IMO 8 weeks isn't enough time.
Yeah I hear ya, definitely not ideal, I only found out about the contest (its for imperial stouts only) about a week before I brewed and that was the fastest I could get my hands on the ingredients. The rest of the batch I'll let sit for a while :-)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #12
lilsparkee
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

When we make Imperial Stout, the grain bill is huge, but we also add some post sweetening...molasses and honey, to amp up the alcohol. And it will most likely not be ready in 8 weeks...ours didn't even get a good carbonation before 12...

We have a spreadsheet that helps calculate all of that.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply