Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Brewing Tomorrow!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2008, 08:03 PM   #1
Brewpastor
Beer, not rocket science
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts

Default Brewing Tomorrow!

I am brewing tomorrow. I will make 12 gallons of my Free Hops APA. Everything is set-up and ready to go and I feel like a kid before Christmas. I am planning on taking a series of pictures to build a Brewpastor Brewing Thread.

The grain is ground, the water is all measured and all the calculations are run.

I really encourage others to use the mash volume calculator I posted months ago. It allows you to measure the volume of water in the mash tun in cm or mm using a simple measuring stick to determine how many ounces you have. NO more guessing volumes or ratios, just let it rip, until you get the right depth and call it a mash. Likewise, I have my sparge calculator that lets me know what volume will be collected if I run a certain rate of run-off for any given time. For example, I know that tomorrow I want to collect 41 ounces of run-off per minute for 60 minutes in order to get my pre-boil volume. The pre-boil volume is generated in ProMash based on my evaporation rate and system loss. It all makes for control and ease of brewing.

Wish me luck and I will keep you posted, literally!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2008, 09:04 AM   #2
killian
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

do you have a link for that calculator?

damn I gotta brew something

Old 02-25-2008, 10:59 AM   #3
Mustangj

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Mash Calculator?

http://www.rackers.org/calcs.shtml

Michigan Mashers
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/groups/michigan-mashers/

Old 02-25-2008, 01:21 PM   #4
FSR402
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewpastor
I am brewing tomorrow. I will make 12 gallons of my Free Hops APA. Everything is set-up and ready to go and I feel like a kid before Christmas. I am planning on taking a series of pictures to build a Brewpastor Brewing Thread.

The grain is ground, the water is all measured and all the calculations are run.

I really encourage others to use the mash volume calculator I posted months ago. It allows you to measure the volume of water in the mash tun in cm or mm using a simple measuring stick to determine how many ounces you have. NO more guessing volumes or ratios, just let it rip, until you get the right depth and call it a mash. Likewise, I have my sparge calculator that lets me know what volume will be collected if I run a certain rate of run-off for any given time. For example, I know that tomorrow I want to collect 41 ounces of run-off per minute for 60 minutes in order to get my pre-boil volume. The pre-boil volume is generated in ProMash based on my evaporation rate and system loss. It all makes for control and ease of brewing.

Wish me luck and I will keep you posted, literally!
It sounds all cool (I have not looked at it yet) but how does it account for things like odd shaped MLT's? Like the ones that have the wheels on them thus giving a "step" on the bottom on one end? Or some coolers have a different rad on the bottom and corners? Or like miine that the walls tapper out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear

Quick Reply