Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Brewing Guide

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
Naturallight16oz
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Brewing Guide

Is there any website, that i can input my ingredients. Then it would give me a list of the beers i can brew?

Like webtender does for drinks?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
erikhild59
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts

If you list them here , I'm sure you'd get good ideas.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
Naturallight16oz
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikhild59 View Post
If you list them here , I'm sure you'd get good ideas.
It was just an idea, I would love to be able to put in all the little bits of grain that i have, and for it to be able to tell me all the different beers i can make.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
ATXweirdobrew
Recipes 

I think it would be really interesting to just enter in a bunch of random grains, ferment the resulting wort, and see what it turns out to be. At that point I think that would be busting into the realm of random hybrid beers which could be good or bad depending on what you use. The other thing is that you have to make sure you have enough grain with the right amount of components to foster a healthy fermentation. You need enough grains with fermentable sugars, dextrins, proteins, and diastatic enzymes like alpha/beta-amylase. If you dont get a good balance then you wont have healthy fermentations and will just be making exspensive drain cleaners. If you want to experiment just google search a grain you have, say 6 row pale malt, and what beers you can make with it. For example search "beer recipes 6 row pale malt" and you might get some good results. Other then that I would just ask around on the forums or get some kind of brewing software like beersmith 2. Cheers, and good luck.

"Relax, dont worry, have a homebrew." -Charlie Papazian
"A friend with yeast is a friend indeed."
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin

Quick Reply