I brewed up an Irish Red today. I was shooting for 1.060 OG. I didn't realize before I began that this would require me sparging nearly 9 gallons to hit. No worries, I drew off 7.5 gallons, brewed what I hope will be a tasty Red Ale and took my leftover runoff to make something else. I had about 2 gallons at 1.015 so I added 1.5 gallons of water, 1.5 lbs of dried pilsener extract and 6 oz of honey. I also added hops; cluster to bitter and .5 oz Saaz for aroma. My OG was 1.032. I think after I have some alcohol production I will add some more honey direct to see if the bacteria will harm the beer or if this environment is hostile enough to bacteria to allow a direct addition of honey. If all goes well this will be a great junk beer. Oh yeah! I pitched Red Star Pasteur Champagne yeast.