Birthday brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerPressure

Reaction score
Tomorrow I plan on brewing edwort's robust porter, ive got all my supplies today. It will be my second all grain brew, and my first birthday brew. I'm gonna be 23. Any of you brewing tomorrow?

I'll be mashing inside and boiling outside. its pretty damn cold out. :fro:

I picked up the rest of the ingredients to brew Ed's Haus Pale this weekend. Hoping for tomorrow, but most likely Sunday.
Its about 40 here, so its just warm enough to brew!

i'm brewing right now... short of yesterday, haven't had a day off in about 3 months... and i have 5 batches in the cab'.

My B-Day is in March so I did my b-day brew a few weeks ago. A Belgian Strong that should be just approaching drinkable around then.

On the other hand I did brew today. I did an American Brown. I'm doing an English Brown next week.

No brewing today, but I brewed Ed's Hause Pale Ale yesterday .... and I brewed an Irish Red Ale Wednesday ...... and a Blonde Ale, and Honey Porter last weekend ..... and a Honey Weizen and Cream Ale the weekend before :ban:

Next weekend I'll be brewing a Christmas Braggot .... for Christmas 2009. :rockin:

- GL63

I'm currently stuck at work... I'd rather be brewing. My next Brewday is scehduled for next Friday. I took the day off just for that purpose.

I brewed my 4th AG yesterday (needed an excuse to take off work!). I did Austin Homebrew's 6-malt Amber. Went well except I tried to use a drill on my Barley Crusher to speed up the process. For some reason I decided to run it without holding down the Crusher. It tipped and about 3 pounds of grain went flying onto my kitchen floor. Luckily the floor had just been mopped/cleaned so I salvaged most of it!

I have Ed's Haus Ale and his Stone IPA clone on tap right now. Both are delicious, I may have to try his Porter next!

just finished cleaning up. Got about 5.5 gal of robust porter wort into my ale pail. It is roughly 1.064 gravity, Which according to beersmith has my efficiency at around 72% which is an improvement from my last brew.

Mash held at exactly 150 degrees for an hour with no loss at all.

The one minor setback was two boil overs ;(

you know (prepare for flame war) I have read in a few places that olive oil in your boil will prevent boilovers (increases surface tenstion) I've tried it several times with great success and no flavor difference. :-D Grat's on the porter!

Thank you. The family and I are headed to Southern Tier brewery today to go on the tour, sit at their bar, and buy a few things.

I'm gonna try that foamcap stuff they sell to control boil overs. my LHBS doesnt have any so i might have to mail order it, boo.

Tomorrow I plan on brewing edwort's robust porter, ive got all my supplies today. It will be my second all grain brew, and my first birthday brew. I'm gonna be 23. Any of you brewing tomorrow?

I'll be mashing inside and boiling outside. its pretty damn cold out. :fro:

Seeing as you posted this yesterday.... Happy Birthday also.

I'm brewing tomorrow. Today is pouring rain. Have space free in my lager fridge to ferment 1 more lager. so tomorrow will see a bo-pils added to my fermenting inventory.

Good luck with your brewday.

I bottled Edwort's Haus today and I'll brew Mr. Bier Muncher's Centennial tomorrow.

The Edworts tastes wonderful, by the way, pre carb.

fermcap works VERY well. I use it every time I make a starter so that I don't have wort volcanoes on my stove.

PS - Happy Birthday

Back