Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Chance to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Beervana

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
dankev
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Beervana

I brewed up my first all grain batch on sunday, and the krausen fell today, so I took a sample out under the guise of checking the gravity. The sample tastes so damn good, I can hardly believe it. It's an India Red, and it's already amazing.

The extract and partial mash brews I've made have been ok, but nothing like this. I actually did a better job with a number of aspects on this brew (full boil, more yeast, better fermentation temp control), so the AG can't take all the credit.

I'm just so floored and excited about how good this is. It's a hoppy wonderland, and I haven't even dry hopped it yet. It's also 7.7 abv, and I can hardly tell there's alcohol in it, the other flavors are so potent and wonderful. Honestly, even green as it is, it's one of the best beers I've tasted.

That's it. I'm done gushing. For now.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2011, 09:42 AM   #2
CnnmnSchnpps
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Sounds great! Refining the process definitely has huge advantages... One of my best results from going AG was better clarity of the beer.

Brauhaus 2151.

Yes these are bruises from brewing. Yes I'm comfortable with that.

BB1: EdWort's Apfelwein
BB2: IDA2 In the Doghouse Pale Ale

Bottled: IDA In the Doghouse Ale, JSW Citrus Wheat (Yuzu/Kabosu), FTS Oatmeal Stout, J2SW Citrus Wheat (Yuzu/Kabosu
/Shikuwasa), NBA Nut Brown Ale, IDA2 Kona Fire clone, 69IPAs - Nugget, Saaz

Next up:
"69 IPAs" single-hop series - Ahtanum, Citra, Amarillo, Simcoe, Colombus, Cascade.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply