The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Bad Crush

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
robkeyser
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Bad Crush

I just started a batch with a bad grain crush. My fault for not checking the mill settings at the LHBS. I didn't notice until I was stirring in my strike water. I'll just keep rolling with this batch an get some first hand experience with how grain crush affects efficiency. But what would other people suggest I do in this case? The mash has already started, should I mash longer? I usually t
do a single batch sparge, should I break it into two and give it more time?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2010, 05:19 PM   #2
david_42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 131 Times on 124 Posts

Trying mashing for 2 hours. Add hot water as necessary to keep the temperature up and stir well each time. Decide on the sparge once you have the first runnings drained.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply