Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Austin Kit Tips?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #11
ReverseApacheMaster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 228 Times on 191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinhomebrew View Post
If you log in first then start shopping it saves everything. If you put stuff in your cart and then go away without logging in, the items will disapear. Imagine all of the tire kickers that put stuff in a cart and then never shop with us. This would bog down the website and make it run slower and we would have to purge frequently.

Forrest
The problem is if you add stuff to the cart without logging in, leave and then come back, it won't show in the cart. When you add new items to the empty cart, log in and try to finish the order, all the items you've ever put in the cart add into the cart so you end up with way more than you want. I've also experienced some items disappearing from the cart.

So even though it disappears, somehow it all comes back right before you try to pay.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2010, 02:48 AM   #12
Austinhomebrew
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 107 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 90

It retains the items in your cart if you have added them when you logged in. So if you come to the cart without logging in, the cart will be empty because the website doesnt know who you are until you log in.

If you go to the site without logging in and add 3 items to the cart then log in it should take those 3 things you put in the cart and add them to the 5 things you put in your cart a couple of days before when you were logged in.

If you add things to the cart without logging in and then leave it will not save the items because it doesnt know who you are until you log in.

We cant save everything in carts for the people that dont have an account and or never sign in. This would bog down the website.

Let me know if it still doesn't make sense.
Forrest

Old 07-10-2010, 03:21 AM   #13
dogboysdad
Recipes 

It made sense to me. My order arrived yesterday. It looks good. I'll fiddle around with it this weekend.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:40 PM   #14
DromJohn
5 Gallon Mini-Mash Brewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 55

At AHS, I recommend logging in, then put items in the wishlist. When ready to send it an order, go to the wishlist, click all that you want, and checkout.

Drinking: Scaldis Belgian Special Ale; Allagash Grand Cru; AHS Budget IPA; William Moore's Summer Beer; Redhook Double Black Stout III; Chrysanthemum Honey Rye Ale; Cherry Porter; AHS SuperCaliFugglisticESBAledocious; Innis & Gunn Original II; Rafikah Rose's GF Pear Ale.
Primary: NB La Petite Orange Blanche (first taste 30 August 2014)
Untappd: DromJohn

Old 07-10-2010, 01:45 PM   #15
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 126 Posts

The best tip for their kits? Follow the instructions. Well written and easy to understand. It is certainly a good idea to read them through before you start to brew.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #16
Teromous
Beer Gnome
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 274 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I ordered a complete kit from AHS including the yeast from them before (with a cold pack). The cold pack had melted by the time I got the kit and I was worried about the yeast, but it worked just fine.

The kit came with LME drizzled over the plastic container and packaging peanuts stuck to the side. It took me a while to clean up the mess inside the box and pull the peanuts off the bucket, but my bucket was not leaking. It just looked like somebody made a mess while filling it up. I was a little disappointed in that because all it takes is a person with a rag to clean it off before putting it in the box. Other than that everything was ok.

As david mentioned, they do include instructions so the brew day goes fast. My recommendation would be to have your water prepared in advance, however you like to do it. I filter all of mine and that takes a while to do.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #17
ibbones
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromJohn View Post
At AHS, I recommend logging in, then put items in the wishlist. When ready to send it an order, go to the wishlist, click all that you want, and checkout.
+1 on that! It saves me a lot of frustration because I will add small things to my wish list but when I order, I would hve forgotten them.

"BONES"

Gun control is being able to hit your target.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:57 PM   #18
boralyl
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I've ordered a few extract and partial-mash recipes from AHS and the instructions have always been easy to follow, so no worries!

Old 07-12-2010, 04:00 PM   #19
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4286 Times on 3123 Posts
Likes Given: 831

I've ordered all-grain kits in the past, and the instructions were perfect. The instructions are clear and easy to understand, and should give you great results.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #20
dedhedjed
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I order almost exclusively from AHS. Ingredients are top notch and I've never had a problem with liquid yeast viability. They simply run a great operation and you got to love flat rate shipping.

Homebrew shirts, stickers, mugs, etc.
http://www.zazzle.com/mightbemary*

Quick Reply