Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > anyone done a brew in a bag

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #51
tjash
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

You could simultaneously cook a chicken breast for 1 minute too. That's an idea.

Your beer will probably be at high "flavor" by the time you recover from salmonella.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #52
Domes
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Not sure how long you've been brewing tjash but if you do some research you'll find some pretty skilled Berliner Weiss brewers don't boil at all. I boil for 1 minute. This sterilizes the wort and since you are not adding any bitterness from the hops with this style, you don't need to boil it. I've done this now with Lambics I make and it works very well. I wouldn't do this with other styles that you want to extract hop bitternees. But it works well for low hopped beers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply