*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Any Ideas? Amber Malt

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2008, 09:14 PM   #1
chefchris
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Any Ideas? Amber Malt

So I've got a pound of amber malt and an ounce of centennial. I know it's only a pound, but hey, I can either use it or throw it away and I'm feeling experimental. Maybe do a extremely small SMaSH? Toast half of the malt?

I have the pound of amber because I was fine tuning my mill and just picked up a little at the LHBS. I found the recipe for the Vegan Burgers on here and my gf is a vegitarian. I figured I would mash the grains, then use the grains in the burger. Then I started wondering if I could do anything with what I extracted. I have some DME on hand too if I wanted to up the OG.

I know I would only use a fraction of the hops.

Beersmith is showing an OG of 1.014 and FG of 1.004 with a whopping 1.34 ABV.

Is this even worth messing with?

I think you are confuisng circle k with a reach around. - Denny's Evil Concoctions

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
chefchris
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Check that. I had beersmith set at 5 gallon.

Changed it to 1.5 gallon and set the style to Amber Ale (appropriately). Everthing looks like it's in the style guidelines and the ABV is at 4.46%.

I think you are confuisng circle k with a reach around. - Denny's Evil Concoctions

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply